Playing with Food: Learn Spanish while You Cook!
Cooking Class for Kids With Chef Laura Casasayas-Pala Let's explore how fun is to learn Spanish and cooking at the same time! This hands on kids class pairs language and cooking. During this two hour class, kids will work in teams to make different Spanish themed recipes. Teamwork helps us communicate better grasp the Spanish language more quickly! This creative class offers a different way of learning by using everyday (Spanish) vocabulary, in a new world of words and expressions that are a central part of our lives: cooking! In this class we will make: Melon and Ham kebabs and Tortilla Española. *NOTE: if your child has special needs of any kind, please come 15 minutes early to speak with the instructor. About the Instructor: Laura is a Spanish Acupuncturist, Dietitian and creator of the 11th Hour Coffee food menu. Laura has more than 10 years experience running her own practice in Spain offering private consultation and workshops. She recently moved to Santa Cruz where she is continuing her passion of educating and expanding awareness of mindful and healthy eating.
1101 Fair Ave
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
More Event Ideas
- More Food and Drink Events
- Saturday, Jun 29, 9:00 PM
- August 24, 2019 Sustain Supper - A Benefit for the Homeless Garden Project at Homeless Garden ProjectSaturday, Aug 24, 4:00 PM
- Sustain Supper with Jonathan Franzen To Benefit The Homeless Garden Project at Homeless Garden ProjectSaturday, Aug 24, 4:00 PM
- More Events at New Leaf Community Markets
- Wednesday, Aug 28, 6:00 PM
- Saturday, Aug 24, 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, Oct 9, 6:00 PM