A Carmel Paradise Found and Preserved - Event Sept 26th 5 PM
A Carmel Paradise Found and Preserved - Event
September 26, 2019, at 5 PM, in Carpenter Hall of Sunset Center
Presenting the Mission Trail Nature Preserve
Open to the Public, hosted by the Carmel Residents Association (CRA)
Carmel Residents Association will be hosting a special evening for locals throughout our area to learn about Carmel’s wonderful 34 acres of natural parkland. Join the Carmel Residents Association, the Friends of Mission Trail Nature Preserve and the expert ecologist Nicole Nedeff who will present insights into its history, attractions and future.
Nicole Nedeff, Consulting Ecologist, Lecturer-CSMBU School of Natural Sciences and Ecological Studies Associate, will cover the Preserve topics including:
• The history from the time of the Native Americans, to the Missionary’s Trail, to the Doolittle’s and Flanders’s parcel acquisitions in 79 and 80 by the city of Carmel-by-the-Sea with a Master Plan in 1996.
• The abundance of flora and fauna, with the ongoing process and volunteer efforts of preservation through the removal of non-native plants and trees.
• How its creeks, gullies, forest, meadows and paths are enjoyed by locals and visitors alike through hiking, jogging, dog walking and naturists strolls, year-round.
• The future of the Preserve, fulfilling the vision of the Master Plan through Civic and Public collaboration.
The gathering is set for Thursday, September 26th, 5 PM, in the Carpenter Hall at Sunset Center. A wine and social hour Reception hosted by Carmel Residents Association will follow. This evening is free and open to the public, with parking available north of Sunset Center at 8th Avenue and Mission Street.
To learn more about the Carmel Mission Trail Nature Preserve visit: https://ci.carmel.ca.us/post/mission-trail-nature-preserve and http://carmelbytheseaca.blogspot.com/2012/10/mission-trail-nature-preserve-flanders.html and http://flandersfoundation.org/index.htm
# # #
Contact: Barbara Livingston email@example.com
About Carmel Residents Association:
The Carmel Residents Association (CRA) is a civic, cultural and social non-profit organization. CRA delivers its members and the Carmel community: Representative voice with our civic leaders; Community philanthropy contributions with charitable support and scholarships; Volunteer opportunities; Social and educational events; and Membership recognition.
The Carmel Residents Association Post Office Box 13, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA 93921
www.carmelresidents.org | firstname.lastname@example.org Tel. (831) 626-1610
San Carlos at 9th St.
Carmel, CA 93921
More Event Ideas
- More Community Events
- Monday, Jul 20, 7:30 PM
- Saturday, Sep 12, 11:00 AM
- Stop the Repression! Fundraiser for Alex Sanchez: "Hijos de la Guerra" and Hip Hop Show at Barrios UnidosFriday, Sep 25, 6:00 PM
What can we do for you?
Thank you for your input. Please fill out the form below and provide as much information as possible about updates to this event or venue.