Workshop: Backyard Bee-Keeping
Did you know that you can keep bees in your backyard? Most normal-sized yards can play host to a hive of honey bees, and the folks who tend them enjoy honey, beeswax, royal jelly, and of course, the bees themselves. In fact, a healthy hive can produce several gallons of lovely, local honey every year.
These pollinators can be marvelously helpful by making fruits and vegetables more productive. Here on the farm, we keep bees not just because they help produce richer crops, but also because they are tremendously beneficial insects that are good for our neighbors and surrounding environment.
Come learn what it takes to keep a busy, productive hive of bees happy! Learn where to get your bees, how to set up and maintain the hive, and how to protect it from pests and disease. This is a beginner’s course, so you won’t need to bring any special equipment or supplies.This class also available on April 29.
2317 Vine Hill Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
More Event Ideas
- More Education Events
- Nonprofit Workshop: Making Change – Even When You’re Not “In Charge” at Harden Foundation - Bunkhouse Conference RoomFriday, Mar 9, 9:00 AM
- Sunday, Feb 25, 10:00 AM
- Saturday, Mar 10, 8:00 PM
- More Events at Love Apple Farm
- Sunday, Feb 18, 10:00 AM
- Sunday, Mar 4, 10:00 AM
- More Events on February 24, 2018
- Saturday, Feb 24, 7:30 PM
- Saturday, Feb 24, 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Feb 24, 10:00 AM